Love it or hate it, there is no denying of the fact that Gambling is a huge part of society and has been for centuries. Casinos and gambling have become a part of our lives. Our desire to experience thrill and excitement is what motivates us to get involved in risky activities like gambling. But we should act responsibly while gambling otherwise a financial armageddon could be waiting just around the corner.
All casinos were first designed to give people a chance to win big; however, things changed. The chances of hitting a jackpot in a casino for an average Joe is pretty slim now. But there is still a possibility, a minuscule one of course, that you could strike it rich if lady luck smiles on you. It is the possibility of this, and the unpredictable nature of this game that makes it so popular among masses.
Here are some facts about gambling that you may not be aware of –
- Freebies Everywhere – Yes you are eligible to get free stuff as soon as you become a member of a club. Casinos are fighting it out to get new members on board, so they don’t mind offering freebies to attract footfall. As soon as you sign up, you could expect free meals, a room, and, surprise surprise, free cash! You can also get additional complimentary gifts as long as you play by the rules. These freebies are part of a broad marketing tactic.
- Cameras everywhere – Almost all modern casinos are under constant CCTV surveillance. Some casinos have even installed so many cameras that it is virtually impossible for the security team to actually check every camera, no matter how many people they get involved. But since you have no idea which camera is currently being watched, you shouldn’t even consider cheating to win a game because sooner or later you are likely to get caught.
- Don’t be an idiot – Just because you are spending money, it does not mean that you can drop ‘F’ words whenever you feel like it. Believe it or not, most casinos have a strict set of behavioral rules in place and disobeying those rules can get you in big trouble. The casino can throw you out if they find that you are not behaving properly or in some cases, you can even get arrested for unruly behavior. Try to act civil while in the casino and don’t try to act smart with the dealer. Treat them with respect and you will be reciprocated accordingly.
- You can be asked to leave for winning too much – You must be thinking – ‘this can’t be true’ right? Well, sadly this is the ugly truth of the world of casinos and gambling. A casino is a business and just like any other business would, the casino can stop you from winning too much if it feels that your winning streak is going to hurt their bottom-line badly. If they suspect someone as an advanced player, they can bar him from playing a specific type of casino games.
- Show ID cards whenever asked – You are required to show your ID when asked in a casino. If the casino feels that you are underage, you will have to produce a photo ID to corroborate your age. Unless to produce valid identification details, it may invite trouble and you might even be asked to leave.